I have been enjoying visiting with members at various chapters and state conferences over the past few months. It is a wonderful experience to meet and speak with members from around the country and to learn about the exciting activities that are taking place in libraries that are meeting users’ needs and demonstrating value.
Some of the activities in which I participated recently include:
- Attending the dedication of the Mary Idema Pew Library at Grand Valley State University. The students, administrators, and library staff all believe this to be a library that will serve as a model for new academic libraries.
- Presenting at the 2013 Tri Conference in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. The conference brought together colleagues from South Dakota, North Dakota, and several Mountain Plains states.
- Attending, and leading the discussions at, the 2013 ACRL Board Strategic Planning and Orientation Session (SPOS) [PDF file of agenda]. Among the items discussed was what ACRL’s role should be with respect to helping our members with data curation and management.
- Representing ACRL at the 2013 ARL Fall Meeting and Forum.
- Speaking at the North Carolina Library Association’s biennial conference.
The ACRL Executive Committee will meet in late October and our activities and actions will be reported on in the minutes from that meeting.